SPRYE, a not-for-profit organization that provides services to older adults in the Rye/Port Chester area, seeks an experienced, supportive person proficient with technology to teach basic computer skills to older adults.
The initiative, TotalAccess Now, was launched in 2021 to help older adults connect to friends, family, and physicians via technology.
The candidate should have basic knowledge of smart devices and be able to explain in simple , non-technical language, how they operate. A teaching background is a plus but is not necessary. A comfort level with older adults, a welcoming and calm disposition, and a relatable manner are important qualities for this position. COVID Vaccination is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of personal computing devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops, etc.) and the ability to describe in simple terms the necessary basic functioning of said devices.
- Experience using different operating systems, communication and collaboration tools (i.e. Zoom, Skype), and office suites.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot home network issues, i.e., routers, modems.
- Strong oral communication skills and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience working with older adults desirable, as well as being comfortable going into people’s homes.Successful candidate will help market and promote the program.
Hours: The hours for this position are flexible and can be afternoon or evening, depending on the candidate’s schedule. They are expected to potentially total 4 to 8 hours weekly, initially, with the ability to expand as the program grows. Most of the visits will be in the Rye, Rye Brook and Port Chester area.
Pay: Between $25-30 an hour
Please send resume and brief bio to [email protected]
P.O. Box 784
Rye, NY 10580
55 S. Main Street, 3rd Floor
Port Chester, NY 10573